The Boredom Monster Book Review

The Boredom Monster
Written by Mariana Ellery
Illustrated by Clara Reschke
Published by Beaming Books

Mom's Review

I am interrupting my reading to write this because I can't contain myself:

When he complains about being bored, Cameron is transported to the company of a Boredom Monster in Boredom. OMG, did Ellery and Reschke just reimagine Juster's Lethargarians in the Doldrums (in The Phantom Tollbooth, if the title is slipping your mind), but for little kids??? I am too excited about this!!!
______________________________________________
I've now finished the book and am convinced that The Boredom Monster is The Phantom Tollbooth - one of my FAVORITE novels - reincarnated for children. Cameron is a disagreeable child who cannot entertain himself...until he discovers that he can. And he does. And he has a spectacular day. Truth resounds in this delightfully illustrated picture book that is a great companion for Bored and Sunday. Screen free? Bored? Good!

Comments