Blog Tour
Book Review and GIVEAWAY
A Forest, A Family, A Harbor, A Home
By Nikki McClure
Published by Norton Young Readers
Mom's Review
Absolutely beautiful! The first thing I did after reading was flip to the back to see how the illustrations were made , and I was surprised and in awe. McClure cut them out with a knife! From washi paper she'd painted! I told Son (he also thought it was a cool book), and he was just as stunned as I was, commenting that it must have taken a lot of effort to execute. From an artistic standpoint alone is A Forest, A Family, A Harbor, A Home worth looking at. But add to it the message of unconditional welcome and love to be found at one's home, and you have a beautiful story as well. McClure's text tells of a place that you leave and return to, while her pictures show the story of a boy then man who leaves home to explore, knowing that he always has a place to return to. The depth of meaning in each picture or line increases the more you consider it - and McClure offers a fair bit of food for thought. Why do we need to leave home? What makes a house a home? And what does a safe harbor look like for each of us?
I was just reading Where the Wild Things Are to preschoolers earlier today. If it's been a while since you've read it, Max wants to stop being king of the wild things and return to a place where someone loves him best of all. A Forest, A Family, A Harbor, A Home is an ode to that place where each of us is loved best of all.
GIVEAWAY
Readers who follow along on this virtual book tour will have the chance to win a hardcover copy of A Forest, A Family, A Harbor, A Home by Nikki McClure.
Clink the image to be taken to the GIVEAWAY page.

Note:
Per FTC guidelines, I disclose partnership with Norton Young Readers. All thoughts are my own.
Per FTC guidelines, I disclose partnership with Norton Young Readers. All thoughts are my own.

Comments
Post a Comment