The Tiger Child
By Michelle Beech
Published by Post Wave
Mom's Review
Beautiful. Story and art both.
Part of what I love about The Tiger Child is we really don't know how much of what we see is in the child's mind's eye or how much we should believe is really happening within the context of the story. Beech's story and art together allow us to simultaneously suspend disbelief and question reality. When the little girl who is peeking out of the cover decides to explore the outdoors, she encounters a welcoming, wild forest. The peek-through pages and final pop-up add a layer of discovery and fun that invite even more engagement with the book. I heartily recommend it for little ones.
By Michelle Beech
Published by Post Wave
Mom's Review
Beautiful. Story and art both.
Part of what I love about The Tiger Child is we really don't know how much of what we see is in the child's mind's eye or how much we should believe is really happening within the context of the story. Beech's story and art together allow us to simultaneously suspend disbelief and question reality. When the little girl who is peeking out of the cover decides to explore the outdoors, she encounters a welcoming, wild forest. The peek-through pages and final pop-up add a layer of discovery and fun that invite even more engagement with the book. I heartily recommend it for little ones.
Comments
Post a Comment