Miss Morton and the Missing Heir
By Catherine Lloyd
Published by Kensington
Mom's Review
I adore how much fun Lloyd has with her characters! Miss Morton is such a likable character, and her employer, Mrs. Frogerton, is a powerhouse of entertainment! As the two get wrapped up in the Moron inheritance morass, they try to untangle the truth of Miss Morton's relatives' (but are they really relatives?) claims to the Morton estate. Toss in a couple murders, some hurt male pride, an intelligent, independent woman, and high society, and you have an absolutely delightful historical cozy! I love how Miss Morton has both a no-nonsense side to her and a compassionate heart; she is character with depth whom I would want as a friend if she were real. I read this almost straight through (had to work and sleep, you know), and I am about to pick up the next one! Miss Morton and the Missing Heir feels light, and that is because Lloyd has crafted the story with such precision that you can immerse yourself fully in it.
By Catherine Lloyd
Published by Kensington
Mom's Review
I adore how much fun Lloyd has with her characters! Miss Morton is such a likable character, and her employer, Mrs. Frogerton, is a powerhouse of entertainment! As the two get wrapped up in the Moron inheritance morass, they try to untangle the truth of Miss Morton's relatives' (but are they really relatives?) claims to the Morton estate. Toss in a couple murders, some hurt male pride, an intelligent, independent woman, and high society, and you have an absolutely delightful historical cozy! I love how Miss Morton has both a no-nonsense side to her and a compassionate heart; she is character with depth whom I would want as a friend if she were real. I read this almost straight through (had to work and sleep, you know), and I am about to pick up the next one! Miss Morton and the Missing Heir feels light, and that is because Lloyd has crafted the story with such precision that you can immerse yourself fully in it.
Comments
Post a Comment