Gifts from Crows
Written by Gideon Sterer
Illustrated by Shadra Stickland
Published by Clarion Books
Mom's Review
Gifts from Crows is a dream come true. And it is based on a true story! Readers learn how Gabi befriended crows in her neighborhood and developed a longstanding friendship with them. A flowing narrative and delightful illustrations that bring the story to life alternate with informational text about crows and striking black and white illustrations. As I was reading, I felt like there was something familiar about the pictures, but I couldn't put my finger on it until reading the back matter; Stickland was inspired by the original Winnie-the-Pooh artist! Back matter also offers photographs of the real Gabi's presents she received from crows. Very cool!
If you have ever been tempted to befriend crows, it is imperative that you read this book. And if you are at all interested in the fauna in your neighborhood, it is likewise a must-read!
Written by Gideon Sterer
Illustrated by Shadra Stickland
Published by Clarion Books
Mom's Review
Gifts from Crows is a dream come true. And it is based on a true story! Readers learn how Gabi befriended crows in her neighborhood and developed a longstanding friendship with them. A flowing narrative and delightful illustrations that bring the story to life alternate with informational text about crows and striking black and white illustrations. As I was reading, I felt like there was something familiar about the pictures, but I couldn't put my finger on it until reading the back matter; Stickland was inspired by the original Winnie-the-Pooh artist! Back matter also offers photographs of the real Gabi's presents she received from crows. Very cool!
If you have ever been tempted to befriend crows, it is imperative that you read this book. And if you are at all interested in the fauna in your neighborhood, it is likewise a must-read!
Comments
Post a Comment