In the Meadow of Fantasies Book Review

In the Meadow of Fantasies
Written by Hadi Mohammadi
Illustrated by Nooshin Safakhoo
Translated from the Persian by Sara Khalili
Expected publication by Elsewhere Editions: November 2, 2021

Review
In the Meadow of Fantasies is a magical reading experience. Between the captivating art, the lyrical narration, and the fantastical story, readers will be swept away into a little girl's wonderland. She imagines seven unique horses – six are unique and the seventh is a composite of the others. They share coloring, habitats, and dreams until the seventh gallops back to the little girl, and together they write the story of the horses. In the Meadow of Fantasies is an ode to imagination and a celebration of beautiful creation.

I read this with my son and my nephew, who are both six – it was a hit. My nephew, G, said that his favorite part was the dream sequence. He waxed eloquent on the appeal of the greenery and dream forest, and I really had to concur. I recommend In the Meadow of Fantasies, especially for a young audience (infant through primary grades).

Note: A review copy was provided for the purpose of this honest review.

Comments