You Might Find Yourself Book Review



You Might Find Yourself 
By Tai Snaith
Published by Thames and Hudson, September, 2020

Review
It is unclear who liked this better: T or I. I kept turning the book around to show T's dad, saying, "This is the kind of art I want to do with broken china," "See, this is what I want to make." T kept pointing out details in the pictures and commenting on them. I don't think we read You Might Find Yourself so much as talked our way through the pictures.

While there is not much of a tale (it's more of an encouragement to follow the path of life, wherever it might lead), there is much to the illustrations. The mixed-media pictures and the main character's activities in them inspired conversation and a desire to create, allowing the text to fade into the background. We've read You Might Find Yourself time and again at this point, and always notice different details. In our most recent reading, I realized T and I refer to the main character with different pronouns. Just goes to show, anyone can see themselves in the person. Also in this most recent read, we enjoyed seeing the black cat; T connected its comfort of the character in distress to the way Professor Childermass (our new cat) comforts him when he's crying.

I recommend You Might Find Yourself for conversation and artistic inspiration.

Note: An advance review copy was provided for our honest review.

Comments