Killian's Dead Short Story Review

Killian's Dead 
By Josie Jaffrey
Published 2020

Killian's Dead is Jack Valentine's vampire origin story, set in the same world as the Sovereign and Solis Invicti series. It is a short story, and the prequel to May Day. It's a fun, fast read, and it whets the appetite for Jaffrey's new series: Seekers. You can't read Killian's Dead and not immediately pick up May Day thereafter. 

You know a character is well crafted when you have a strong reaction to them, and I really didn't like Jack. I won't spoil the story for you, but I'll admit that we're reading about Jack's most traumatic experiences, so she deserves a little slack. I read May Day immediately after Killian's Dead. In doing so, my opinion of Jack evolved and May Day was a richer story for knowing her background.

Extra:

Josie Jaffrey's website: https://www.josiejaffrey.com/books

My reviews of some of Jaffrey's other books:



Comments