Everlasting Tales: The Huntsman and the Three Witches
Retold by Abraham Matias
Illustrated by Molly Mendoza
Published by Harper
Mom's Review
Wow - this is such a fun retelling! I totally did not expect the twist at the end, and I know kids are going to looooove it! The Huntsman and the Three Witches tells what happens when a huntsman unwittingly seeks shelter in the home of three witches when they are out themselves hunting. The prose itself would whisk the readers away, but add to it Mendoza's art, and you have something truly magical. Drawing on traditional Mexican art styles and attitudes toward death Mendoza and Matias create an exceptional picture book that is sure to be one of those books you are asked to read countless times!
Retold by Abraham Matias
Illustrated by Molly Mendoza
Published by Harper
Mom's Review
Wow - this is such a fun retelling! I totally did not expect the twist at the end, and I know kids are going to looooove it! The Huntsman and the Three Witches tells what happens when a huntsman unwittingly seeks shelter in the home of three witches when they are out themselves hunting. The prose itself would whisk the readers away, but add to it Mendoza's art, and you have something truly magical. Drawing on traditional Mexican art styles and attitudes toward death Mendoza and Matias create an exceptional picture book that is sure to be one of those books you are asked to read countless times!
Comments
Post a Comment