A Curious Collection of Peculiar Creatures Book Review

Quick Update: T's summer reading project of running the blog has concluded, so now you'll be seeing posts from us both. 


June presents...
A Curious Collection of Peculiar Creatures: An Illustrated Encyclopedia 
By Sami Bayly
Published by The Experiment, 2020

Mom's Review

A Curious Collection of Peculiar Creatures
is an engrossing read - I started to page through and wound up pretty much reading it cover to cover (I admit I skipped the eels). Extreme readability and immeasurably fascinating content paired with scientifically accurate paintings make Peculiar Creatures an undeniable win. I cannot praise it highly enough. Whether your child (or you) wants a general overview, fun trivia, a rating of conservation status, or a size comparison with a human, you've got it here. Sami Bayly is a natural historian whose interest in the peculiar benefits everyone who picks up this book, and I encourage everyone to pick it up. If you are even remotely interested in the animal kingdom, this if for you. And if you aren't, I would be surprised if it doesn't spark your interest.

Comments